Friday, August 21, 2009

"Duets"

The other night a friend of mine (Becky) pointed out to me that I had several "negative" reviews on my blog. After reading a few, I agreed. So I thought I'd write a quick review of a movie I watched recently and enjoyed thoroughly.

The 2000 Bruce Paltrow movie "Duets" is one of the more surprising movies I've seen in a while. The movie is broken up into 3 different "duets", with all very different stories. If the storylines are good, the singing performances are even better. The movie revolves around karaoke singing. Hard to explain, but it is pulled off well. I never like giving anything away in movies, but know that the movie is much more than people hopping from one karaoke bar to the next. The singing is more or less the healing source for things gone wrong. If you're looking for a different movie, check out "Duets."

Also,it's hard to pass up a movie starring Huey Lewis.
"Duets" also includes Paul Giamatti and Gweneth Paltrow

1 comment: