Friday, September 25, 2009

"Bandits"


I don't have much time, so I'll make this a quick one. If you're in the mood for a dry humor / bank robbing movie, check out "Bandits" starring Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton. It's a 2001 release, so if you haven't heard of it, that's probably why. Bruce Willis plays a solid character but Billy Bob steals the show. The two are an odd couple who, after robbing a few banks, find celebrity and infamy in their theft. Willis plays his typical tough guy character, but Billy Bob (looking really skinny in this movie. Might've been when he was battling his eating disorder) plays a hilarious hypochondriac. If you like Wes Anderson movies, then I think you will also like "Bandits."

If I had to knock it, I'd say it might be about 20 minutes too long, but even that might be a stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment