Thursday, November 5, 2009

"G.I.Joe: Rise of Cobra"

Ugh. Why? Why? Why were Channing Tatum AND Damon Wayans in this movie???? WHY?????? Yes, the writing was terrible and the plot was a disaster, but the casting of this movie put it over the top. It went from bad to just plain awful. They even threw in Brendan Frasier....BRENDAN FREAKING FRASIER for some weird chameo. Listen, I understand casting leading men who are easy on the eyes (many an expert has said I am in that category) but it'd be nice if they knew how to act as well. There were several scenes where I thought I could see Tatum reading off a cue card, like he was hosting SNL. I'm convinced that the casting director had some side bets w/ his buddies that he could get 5 of the worst actors in Hollywood cast in a major summer "blockbuster." He did well with Tatum and Wayand (which just confuses the crap outta me) but his crowning achievement was Brendan Frasier. There is not a worse actor in Hollywood than Frasier, and that includes Matthew McConaughey (see my "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" review) and every other two-bit hack who's dreaming of their big break while scrubbing toilets at TGIFriday's. I went on "The Mummy", a roller coaster at Universal Studios in Orlando. The ride was great, but at the end, there was an outro video w/ Brendan Frasier. The video completely ruined the ride for me. I got nautious, broke out in hives. It was terrible.

Congradulations G.I.Joe movie...you have RUINED my childhood. I hate you (you too Frasier).

4 comments:

  1. I thought this movie was brilliant!!! The acting was breathtaking...only kidding...I don't plan on seeing it...I don't have a problem with Frasier, yes, he is a horrible actor and has that ability to ruin the movies that he is in...But "Crash" was great and I liked the first Mummy..idk...great review...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This film is make by the producer from thinking big imagination.This type of thinking and making film is so wonderfull king of innovative work.G.I.Joe:rice of cobra is film of how cobra done harmful to people but this is just imagination.

    r4i kort

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, you put anyone else in "Crash" and it becomes even better. I promise

    Andrew: again, who are you? and please sober up before commenting on a review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super happy I only paid $1 at RedBox to see this flick. If the bionic robot suits were so great, why did they wear them all the time?

    ReplyDelete