Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Benjamin Button"

Going into this movie, I had these preconceived notions:1. it's an Oscar nominated movie, so it's going to be more on the boring side. 2. it is going to be way too long 3. i can run faster than brad pitt.

Turns out I was wrong about 2 of the 3 (eat my dust brad pitt). "Benjamin Button" is a great movie. While watching it, I finally felt like I was watching a real movie; a movie that didn't rely on special affects and lead actors shirtless and growling at the moon. This movie told a unique story, used color brilliantly, was set in the early 1900's, had local color, etc.



The length of the film is just shy of 3 hours. It didn't feel long at all. I must admit though that I did stop an hour into it to watch the first 3 innings of the braves vs mets game (and I'd do it again...braves won 8-3, c'mon.) I'll tell you this about the length: I only watched an hour and a half of "Australia" b/c I couldn't bare the thought of having to endure another 90 minutes of that junk. The almost 3 hours of "Buttion" felt half as long as the 1 1/2 hours of "Australia."



Overall, I'd recommend this movie to any and everyone. It's terrific. Great story, great actors playing great characters. I loved it.





movie side note: since this movie is too good to make some stupid quip about, I'll use this time to vent on the incredibly lengthy "Biggest Loser" (or 'fat show' as I call it) season finale. If you want to talk about 3 hours being wasted, try watching NBC's show stretch out (pun intended) a weigh in verdict that could have been over after 10 minutes. Instead, we had to watch as one contestant after another fell way short of beating Jerry (who appeared half crazy / half mentally ill) in the "at- home challenge." After the obligatory hug from conquered contestants, Jerry would stare into space as if wondering where he was, who all those people were that kept hugging him, why drool kept dripping down his chin and onto his shirt, and what he was going to do w/ the 8 lbs of fat that was dangling from his underarms.

It was pathetic. It was such pointless dribble that I'm honestly considering not watching next season. THAT is how you waste 3 hours.

1 comment:

  1. This is next in my netflix list....I have the Godfather restoration if you are interested. I am looking forward to seeing this film.

    ReplyDelete