Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Introduction

Hello all who are bored enough to read this. My name is James McDonald and after much procrastination, I have decided to start a movie review blog. I know there are tons of these out there in internet world, so why not add one more to the mix. I love movies, I don't pretend to know everything about them, but if you say a movie is bad that I think is good, I'll punch you in the throat.


I feel I should tell you a few of my favorites so you will know if our tastes align. I refuse to say what movie is my "all time favorite" b/c I think that's an impossible question to answer. There are too many different genres, too many different moods for different types of movies. "Shawshank Redemption" is nothing like "Spaceballs," but I love them both equally. I also love "Pulp Fiction," "Snatch" and the entire "Star Wars" collection. "Not Another Teen Movie" might be one of the greatest films ever made, along with "Teenwolf," "Transformers," and all 3 "Austin Powers" movies. If I happen to be flipping channels and I come across "Oceans 11" or "Inside Man," I'll watch 'em. Anything by Wes Anderson I'll watch and like, except "Darjeeling Limited." I hated that movie. I'm not pretentious enough to pretend I liked it.


There are too many to list, really. My hope is that as you continue reading this blog, you will gain a better understanding of my tastes.


One thing you should know as you read my reviews is that I will NOT give anything away as far as the plot goes (a huge pet peeve of mine). I don't pick "deep" movies to make me feel smarter (i'm incredibly smart, i don't need movies to prove that) and I am handsome. That has nothing to do with movies either, but I feel it adds to my credibility.


I hope this blog helps you enjoy your movie watching experience.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading all of your posts! I just add you to Reader, so now I will know exactly when you post...you should really do that for my blog as well! ;)

    p.s- why are you so dang funny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you take suggestions for reviews?
    If so I would like to request the following:
    1. The Departed
    2. Stardust
    3. Chronicles of Riddick
    4. The Fountain

    ReplyDelete