Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Frost vs Nixon"

I watched "Frost vs Nixon" the other day, mainly b/c it was directed by Ron Howard and pretty much everything he directs is worth a watch (excluding "Davinci Code.") Not having grown up in the time of Nixon, I thought this movie would be over my head but it wasn't. I loved it. Ron Howard knows how to tell a story. There were great acting performances by all sides. I'm not going to go into anything technical like cinematography b/c I happen to think that word's made up. I recommended it to my parents and they both loved it. My mom was quoted as saying, "Favorite child, you really know a good movie when you see one. Here, I made you some banana bread." If you shy away from slower paced movies, I would still give this one a try. It's worth a watch. Also, if you like this, try watching "Bobby."


Movie Side note: My wife didn't like this movie because Sam Rockwell was in it and she thought his character in "Snowangels" was... "ickey." So now any movie he is in will be a complete failure in her eyes.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally picture mom saying that about banana cake...I am surprised she didnt ask you if you wanted some "M".
    oh and I saw one of those ladies breast feeding...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this movie was one of those Alien vs. Predator or Jason vs. Freddy type movies, where Jack Frost (as voiced by Michael Keaton) battles Richard Nixon. I had no idea why they were fighting but I was pumped none the less. Now I know that this is not the case. There is no need for me to watch this movie now.

    ReplyDelete